But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Friday, September 28, 2012

Not much new; Friday the 28th

Hi all,

I just wrote this to a dear "auntie" of mine and as I am very tired will copy it here and call it a day. :)

I thought Gavin did such a nice job on the blog! Aside from mixing up Marcie and Will, of course. ;) I admit I am very tired/weary and very grateful to have a husband who can manage so very well everything I am too busy and overwhelmed to tackle. Thank you for your prayers - they sustain us; or rather, the Lord sustains us through them!

I am sad tonight about Seth. We got to visit with him for a while today while the top of his incubator was off and the sides were down. He looked straight into my eyes as I sang songs to him, tears rolling down my face. He is so precious and vulnerable and "trapped," although he "should" be trapped in my body still, so I need to think of it that way. But the tube down his throat is such a sad, hard thing, especially the silent crying. All this to say, thanks for the prayers. I need them! Seth needs them; obviously we ALL need them! So thankful to KNOW God is loving and actively controlling everything that happens. He is good all the time. I have rarely wanted Jesus to return as much as I do now, watching my little baby boy struggle and hearing of all the suffering in the world around us and overseas. I am so glad there is a Redeemer who will make all things well and who cares more than we can imagine in the meantime, even turning evil into good.

The silent wail (but isn't he cute?!)

Swaddled and sleeping peacefully after staring into my eyes for a while as I sang and talked to him.
There are so many people who have blessed us so amazingly with cards and gifts and meals and service and handmade items for the babies! I am shockingly behind on thanking you individually, especially those who have sent gifts to our account. I think/hope you understand and would rather I spend the time/energy on the babies right now. (I am feeling stretched, to say the least.) We thank God for you, truly, and pray His richest blessings on you, too! 

In His strong and loving grip,

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive