Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
Saturday, November 7, 2020
We are busy taking care of final details and packing, while trying to soak up as much family time as possible. All are excited to be returning home, but saying goodbye to Carrie's family, who all live right nearby, is going to be hard. The young kids have had a great time getting to know their cousins better over these last several months, so they will be missed!
We hope to take off from Dallas/Ft. Worth airport tomorrow at 4:55PM. Lord-willing, about 50 hours later, we will be disembarking from our 3rd flight on Papua New Guinean soil! Then a final flight up to our home in the Highlands, where we will begin a two week quarantine. Here are more details on our itinerary (for simplicity, all times are in US Central Time):
- Depart Dallas/Ft. Worth: 1655 - Arrive Doha, Qatar: 0815 (about 15 ½ hours)
- 2 ½ hour layover in Doha
- Depart Doha: 1045 - Arrive Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: 1810 (about 7 ½ hours)
- 16 hour layover - we are going to be able to rest in the transit hotel that is in the airport!
- Depart Kuala Lumpur: 12:05 - Arrive Port Moresby, PNG: 1910.
- Depart Port Moresby: ~2100 - Arrive Ukarumpa: 2230
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Thursday, September 17, 2020
|David and the other kids were eager to comfort Marcie when she got home!|
- ▼ 2020 (20)
- ► 2019 (27)
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- ► 2012 (266)