I wish I could give good news, but aside from some weight gain and his oxygen supplementation need remaining below 60% (for which we thank God) Seth is really struggling. He just doesn't have much reserve of strength or ability to tolerate even being repositioned. I think they have to turn his oxygen up during those times. His carbon dioxide has risen again, despite the higher vent setting he was put on. He is a very sick baby.
Labs, a sonogram of his heart, and an X-ray of his lungs have all been ordered for the morning, hoping, as the nurse put it, to find out SOMETHING for the benefit of Seth.
This is very hard, to say the least, but there is nothing we can do. It's all in God's hands. Seth is His boy. The battle is the LORD's.
Grace had her last dose of medication to close off her PDA. The sonogram in the morning will check if the meds worked or if she needs surgery or more meds. She's a lot feistier after her blood transfusion, thank God!
David, Will, and Grace all gained weight, for which we are truly grateful. Please pray that Marcie will gain, too. She is currently the smallest baby. However, she is also not on any oxygen, so she's doing well there.
Will keep you updated, as soon as we know anything. Thank you for praying. We need it and sense it!
Waiting on Him,
P.S. Better day at school today for Isaac! Thanks for praying!
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)