Our prayers have been answered! We just got Carrie's blood test results back and they are good! Her liver function has actually improved. Her platelets and creatinine have changed only VERY slightly in the wrong directions, but are still well within the very acceptable range (platelets more than double the critical level - we want that number to stay high; creatinine about half the critical level - we want that number to stay low). The doctor today said that she can go for weeks yet with lab results like this! All we can say is, "Praise God!" and "thank you" to Him and all of you.
A sonogram this morning showed healthy, bouncing babies with NO kidney issues at all any more and plenty of amniotic fluid. The doctor was very pleased and told us we are welcome to shoot for the records of weight and gestational age at birth for quintuplets. During the Olympic time it only makes sense for us to go for a world record, eh? We are just so grateful to hopefully/prayerfully get a few or several more weeks for them to grow and develop, we don't need to break records.
We just keep on saying, "God is SO good!" We know that He is always good even when we see things as tough and bad, but this is certainly a day for rejoicing in His obvious goodness to us specifically.
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2019 (27)
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)