Just got off the phone with the nurses. Seth is down to needing only 43% oxygen (room air is 21%) which is quite a drop from where he was, hovering around 60%. We dropped to our knees in thanksgiving to God and in prayer that He continues to heal Seth's lungs, lessening his need for oxygen and help breathing.
We also thank God that Seth's blood carbon dioxide level continues to decrease (from 67 mmHg(?) to 64 to 62), and we pray it continues to do so significantly, allowing continued ventilator weaning. Normal is between 45 and 55 for preemies.
And unless there was a huge scale inaccuracy, it appears that the Lord is answering prayers that Seth continue to grow (especially his brain): tonight he had gained 120 g and passed up David in weight! He doesn't appear to be swollen, so it's most likely not water weight. Wow.
Please keep praying the blood levels and vent settings continue to improve, and that the Lord will protect his little body and brain in every way, if He is willing!
Will update when we know anything more . . .
In the meantime, another big praise is Gracie is needing less and less oxygen tonight. We pray that continues as well! All the other three are doing well, although poor Will has problems with spitting up due to air pressure in his tummy from the CPAP and David hates his prong CPAP mask. Thank you for your continued prayers for their comfort, peace and rest. They are so tiny and vulnerable! Marcie is conked out. :)
To God be the Glory,
Weights: David - 2 lb 10 oz, Seth - 2 lb 11 oz, Will - 3 lb 1 oz, Grace - 2 lb 2 oz, nothing on Marcie yet tonight.
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2019 (27)
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)