Will, David and Marcie (the first three babies to be pulled from the womb) are now off the ventilators and on the CPAP instead! They are also receiving little feeds, and I'm so grateful to God for His work in my body that I can already provide for them. The first milk is so beneficial, especially when it's from their own mommy.
The NICU staff estimate Seth will be able to join in on the CPAP and feeding fun either tomorrow or the next day. Right now both he and Gracie are getting some blood pressure medication (very normal because they were the last two out), but the last time I was in the NICU Gracie's nurse told me they were able to decrease the dose because she was already doing better. As the tiniest one and very last one out, we deeply appreciate your prayers for her (and the other four, too, of course!). The first 72 hours are the most critical.
The clinical coordinator for the NICU just came in again, saying they are all doing so well and that "Everything went perfect today." The doctors, nurses, anesthesiologists, respiratory therapists, and everyone else on the Code 5 team were amazing. All glory to God for His care and provision!
With so much gratitude and joy,
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)