We were relieved and incredibly grateful that Will and and the two girls had clear brain scans yesterday (a day earlier than we'd expected); please pray with us that David's and Seth's will also be completely normal and clear of any sign of brain bleeding. They get theirs today. Thank you for standing with us and behind the precious babies!
When Marcie was getting her head scan done, she immediately reached up to feel/massage the ultrasonic gel they squirted on her head. She is SO active (as she was in the womb), she's not giving herself a chance to gain weight, even though they've increased her volume of milk (6 cc's each feeding).
She and David have had some struggles with apnea and heart rate dropping. She was put on a different type and mask and is being given reminder breaths. Her blood work and a chest x-ray were normal. The nurse today said very seriously to me, "Pray this IV continues to hold." Yes, Lord, please! No need for a broviac yet, thank God. Please pray for peace and comfort for her so she will settle down, be less feisty/agitated, and just rest in His arms.
I pray God fills those isolettes with His peace and comfort from the Holy Spirit. I prayed that very specifically for Seth last night and was thrilled to hear and see God answer!
Seth's blood gases and chest x-ray were excellent, so the staff was able to turn down the oscillator. He has been so much more comfortable and relaxed!
All babies are now receiving my milk! So exciting (and serious business for me). I thank God for His provision and pray I'll be able to make enough for all of them during the critical first few months. After that, we'll need to supplement. I crave getting to hold each one and nurse individually!
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)