That lovely old hymn has come to mind many times over the past several months and has special meaning today. Friends of ours with preemie twins also clung to the truth in the lyrics.
When I called tonight, Seth's carbon dioxide level was the lowest it's been, PRAISE GOD, and they were going to wean him one setting on the ventilator. PLEASE PRAY he tolerates the weaning well and does not relapse. We hope and pray, believing God is more than able, that this is the beginning of an amazing work in Seth's body.
The three "oldest" babies have had a great night with no dropped heart rates! We praise God for that, too. Glad we mentioned that as a specific item for prayer.
Gracie is still on 28 percent oxygen and actually lost some weight tonight. Please pray for her to gain strength and ability to breathe without assistance.
Thank you so much for all the comments and verses/promises some of you have left tonight. You can believe that we have been reciting some of them to ourselves for months and multiple times again today! I love the Psalm. Thanks, Francis!
Isaac was happy and peaceful at bedtime tonight. Thank you for praying for him too.
We now have permission to cradle the two ventilated babies in our arm while they are still in the isolette. The top will be raised up so we can interact more with them. Thank God for blessings like that!
Please continue to stand with us in prayer,
P.S. thank you for all the encouraging notes and thoughtful gifts!
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2019 (27)
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)