But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday night short report

Hi all,

Thanks for continuing your prayers for all the babies and for Seth's lungs. They look good on x-ray but he's needing more oxygen again (54 percent tonight) and his carbon dioxide blood level is 2 percent higher. The NICU really is the roller-coaster I was warned it would be. I'm so glad to know God is sovereign. I get a sinking feeling of frustration as it is, but at least I can KNOW the truth, including that so many are praying. Praise God, Seth continues to look and act really healthy. We just pray his little lungs grow and develop (along with his brain, despite his 9 days of powerful steroid). Sounds like he already has some chronic damage in the existing alveoli, so that's why he needs to grow more lung tissue. He's so cute and was so alert today; I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. I got a really cute one of Gracie, too! It was wonderful to be with ALL the babies; tomorrow I hope to hold Marcie (for some reason the Broviac isn't a barrier anymore), David and Will. I got to interact with Seth and Grace more than usual today, which was precious!

Thank you so much for caring and praying, and for bearing with us as the list of people we want to thank grows ever longer. I find I return exhausted from the NICU, and I'm getting up 3 times a night

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive