Seth has "significant lung disease," and if things don't turn around dramatically and soon, there is a "very real possibility" he'll come home with a tracheostomy (hole in his trachea) hooked up with a ventilator or CPAP machine, as well as a hole into his stomach to allow us to feed him. The tracheostomy will prohibit him from being able to vocalize or cry audibly, and in the doctor's experience, he could have it for possibly even a year.
The doctor said all 5 babies, not just Seth, are still at risk of dying. In her words, "None of them is out of the woods yet."
Case in point: Grace had to have her ventilator support increased rather than starting weaning from the ventilator today.
Marcie, David and Will continue to have spells of apnea, when they stop breathing and experience drops in their heart rates.
Please continue to pray for these babies. I didn't realize until today how precarious their situation still is. The doctor really laid it out there for us. Naive optimism is gone; we realize the Lord is these babies' only hope for life on earth and for all eternity. He is greater than any challenge and sovereign over each atom of their being. Thank you for joining with us as their prayer warriors.
In His Hands, along with Seth, Grace, Will, David, Marcie, Isaac and Gavin,
P.S. Please also pray for Isaac, who didn't have a great 1st day of school today. He is exhibiting serious insecurity and fear at night, especially. We are praying with him, reading from Scripture, staying with him while he falls asleep, and protecting him from news that might be too upsetting.
This is the blog for Gavin and Carrie Jones and family. We live in Papua New Guinea and are working to see lives transformed by the living Word of God through Bible translation. Gavin is a helicopter pilot. Carrie, who has her degree in Public Health, is the lab supervisor and one of five lab techs at our busy rural clinic. Our son, Isaac, was born in 2004 and our quintuplets, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, and Grace, were born in 2012.
Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. The you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight. -Proverbs 3:3-6
- ► 2019 (27)
- ► 2018 (48)
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- ► 2013 (318)
- Seth update and Gracie's surgery
- Wednesday night: Seth
- Midnight devotional
- Quick Wednesday morning update
- Little gray Gracie; update on Seth
- Day by day and with each passing moment . . .
- Brief, sobering news
- Psalm 139:4
- Carrie at 30 Weeks
- Seth's lungs; new baby pictures
- At Your Feet
- Calling all volunteers!!
- Friday night short report
- Feisty little Seth
- Wed. night update on Seth and all
- Praises! Please keep praying :)
- Seth - praise and continued prayer
- PLEASE PRAY for Seth! Plus new weights.
- Marcie and grandparents
- PICC unsuccessful, surgery this a.m.
- Attempting PICC line instead
- Surgery scheduled for 7 am
- P.S. on Marcie; new pics
- Marcie needs broviac surgery
- All clear!
- Isaac, brain scans (Thursday the 19th)
- Brain scans - please pray!; praise x 3
- Very brief update, Tues. night, Aug. 14
- Video of today's press conference
- I love this article and its pictures!! Plus baby P...
- Precise gestation length
- Evening update, Sunday
- Many praises; a few more requests
- Please pray for Seth, especially.
- Saturday morning report
- Quick Quint Update
- How to help
- Good news!
- Anybody ready for some news?
- She's in labor . . . they're on the way
- Things are happening . . .
- Weights of babies at 27.5 weeks
- Today is a GOOD day!
- NICU last night, labwork tomorrow
- 27 Weeks today!
- Blood work
- Today's Prayer
- A good sleep!
- Afternoon request
- Carrie's itching like crazy!
- ▼ August (53)