Sunday, June 1, 2014
MUCH better and happier all around!
Praise God! Seth does not have RSV! He also may not have even pneumonia. The pulmonologist thinks all his trouble is due to mucus plugging caused by his lungs reacting to a virus (the nasty one all the kids have).
Seth was much better today by the time I was able to leave for the wedding we came to California to attend. My parents swapped out with me, and the last minute chance to go to this very special wedding was a huge gift for me! I hated to miss it once the pulmonologist said, "Oh, he'll be fine!" about Seth's prognosis. It was so good to see him eating and playing with toys when I left, especially since this morning he was just sick and sounded and acted terrible. Thank you all so much for praying!!!
Seth and I will not be able to travel to Texas on Monday as planned. Gavin, Isaac and my parents may go ahead with the babies. We still don't know when Seth will be able to leave the hospital. He is on decreased oxygen already, thank God. He really perked up late this afternoon!
Thank you for your continued prayers especially for wisdom and peace for us and for protection over all the babies. We appreciate all who remember us as we look to our Lord, trust Him and wait for His guidance and direction.
The pulmonologist was surprisingly positive about us returning to PNG as planned on June 8th, saying he'll be sure we're well-stocked medically, ready to pounce on any cold or breathing symptoms, and that Seth can handle a 16-hour flight "no problem" once he returns to his healthy baseline. The doc estimates that to be by mid-week, but only The Lord knows! Hence the need for prayer, wisdom and peace. :)
Please pray also for our spiritual, mental, emotional and physical protection as a family. This week has really felt like a battle. We know the Ultimate Victor, though!
“Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10
God is and will be exalted in Papua New Guinea regardless of our presence or absence there. It's so comforting to be only a tiny, beloved part of our Father's perfect plan.
- ► 2017 (38)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- Poor sick Gracie!
- Attempt at missionary humor, plus some serious stu...
- Playdate at Weaver's on Wed.
- Grace doing fine
- Seth somewhat improved, now Grace very sick!
- Seth better, but please keep praying!!
- Seth very sick-- please pray!
- Seth still needs prayer
- P.S. Photo Credits
- Random Brisbane and Ukarumpa photos and a big pray...
- More friends and helpers
- Checking out our new home and toys
- Happy reunions with PNG friends
- A day of grace: His mercies are new every morning
- This is hard
- We couldn't have BEGUN to do this without you!
- Footage and pictures of our arrival to PNG
- The Jones 8 Have Arrived in Ukarumpa!
- Older photos and brief update
- Saying goodbye
- The flight
- Leaving Dallas-Fort Worth Sunday evening
- We are safely Down Under
- On the way to the airport!
- 33 hours and counting! Our itinerary to Papua New...
- Oops. Poor proofreading of "Really, they're actua...
- Our team for the trip to PNG.
- Really, they're actually going? Why?
- Please pray for Carrie and Seth's flight!
- Pictures of my other boys, Will and Isaac, who I a...
- I miss my other kids
- Off oxygen (for now)
- Seth Sunday night (re-posting; first attempt faile...
- Still improving, praise God!
- MUCH better and happier all around!
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2013 (318)
- ► 2012 (266)