|In happier times, the night we arrived|
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Seth still needs prayer
Poor Seth has a bad ear infection in addition to his bad cold (which thankfully has not spread to his lungs, although it is affecting his oxygen saturations). We discovered the ear infection on "accident" when he woke up today no better than yesterday and immediately threw up his drink along with some blood flecked vomitus. I realized it was probably the ibuprofen causing his tummy to bleed a bit as he hasn't eaten anything in three days. He drinks okay, but he still looks kind of shriveled. Anyway, I knew I had to take him to the Clinic if for no other reason than to buy some Tylenol so the ibuprofen wouldn't keep hurting his tummy. His baseline oxygen sats have been 93% here at 5,000 feet elevation, but today he was only satting 90%. He has good color and activity, so they aren't too concerned, plus his lungs sound really clear, but he is definitely panting from the fever (which is why I kept medicating him with ibuprofen, all I had, to keep it down). It was 102 today when he was feeling markedly cooler than previously, so he must have been up around 104 degrees or so over the weekend.
This is a nasty upper respiratory infection going around our town. It seems like every other person has it. One of my friends says it's the sickest she's been with a cold in years. It hurts to cough, so my heart goes out to the kids (all of whom have it varying degrees and stages). None of them are eating great except Marcie.
Please, please pray Seth recovers quickly (that they all do), that the antibiotic will knock out his ear infection and the cold if it's bacterial, and that he will EAT and gain strength!!! The pediatrician at our clinic is closely monitoring him. I feel so incredibly blessed by the level of medical care and caring we have here!
Thanks so much!
- ► 2017 (41)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- Poor sick Gracie!
- Attempt at missionary humor, plus some serious stu...
- Playdate at Weaver's on Wed.
- Grace doing fine
- Seth somewhat improved, now Grace very sick!
- Seth better, but please keep praying!!
- Seth very sick-- please pray!
- Seth still needs prayer
- P.S. Photo Credits
- Random Brisbane and Ukarumpa photos and a big pray...
- More friends and helpers
- Checking out our new home and toys
- Happy reunions with PNG friends
- A day of grace: His mercies are new every morning
- This is hard
- We couldn't have BEGUN to do this without you!
- Footage and pictures of our arrival to PNG
- The Jones 8 Have Arrived in Ukarumpa!
- Older photos and brief update
- Saying goodbye
- The flight
- Leaving Dallas-Fort Worth Sunday evening
- We are safely Down Under
- On the way to the airport!
- 33 hours and counting! Our itinerary to Papua New...
- Oops. Poor proofreading of "Really, they're actua...
- Our team for the trip to PNG.
- Really, they're actually going? Why?
- Please pray for Carrie and Seth's flight!
- Pictures of my other boys, Will and Isaac, who I a...
- I miss my other kids
- Off oxygen (for now)
- Seth Sunday night (re-posting; first attempt faile...
- Still improving, praise God!
- MUCH better and happier all around!
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2013 (318)
- ► 2012 (266)