Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Off oxygen (for now)
Seth has been able to wean down his oxygen until as if a couple hours ago he is off completely! Please pray he'll be able to stay off, Lord willing, and thrive. Until he can stay off all night long he'll need to stay in the hospital, so we have one or two more nights here, hoping to fly back to Dallas (where Gavin is busily packing) on Thursday. We want to be wise, though, and not rush him.
Meanwhile, Seth is charming all the staff as he says "hi" and "bye-bye" and helps with his inhalers by holding the spacer mask on his face.
Currently we are playing in the courtyard to help loosen up the secretions in his chest. When I see his nasal discharge I understand why his chest was so plugged up! This is one nasty cold. Marcie's nose testified to the same thing. :}
PLEASE PRAY THERE IS NO MORE ILLNESS ON TOP OF THIS ONE. The mom in the room next to ours had a nasty cough, so I realize there are a lot of germs around. Plus Seth's steroid treatments to reduce lung inflammation also lower his immunity, I believe.
Gotta run, Seth is on the move!!
Love and gratitude,
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- Poor sick Gracie!
- Attempt at missionary humor, plus some serious stu...
- Playdate at Weaver's on Wed.
- Grace doing fine
- Seth somewhat improved, now Grace very sick!
- Seth better, but please keep praying!!
- Seth very sick-- please pray!
- Seth still needs prayer
- P.S. Photo Credits
- Random Brisbane and Ukarumpa photos and a big pray...
- More friends and helpers
- Checking out our new home and toys
- Happy reunions with PNG friends
- A day of grace: His mercies are new every morning
- This is hard
- We couldn't have BEGUN to do this without you!
- Footage and pictures of our arrival to PNG
- The Jones 8 Have Arrived in Ukarumpa!
- Older photos and brief update
- Saying goodbye
- The flight
- Leaving Dallas-Fort Worth Sunday evening
- We are safely Down Under
- On the way to the airport!
- 33 hours and counting! Our itinerary to Papua New...
- Oops. Poor proofreading of "Really, they're actua...
- Our team for the trip to PNG.
- Really, they're actually going? Why?
- Please pray for Carrie and Seth's flight!
- Pictures of my other boys, Will and Isaac, who I a...
- I miss my other kids
- Off oxygen (for now)
- Seth Sunday night (re-posting; first attempt faile...
- Still improving, praise God!
- MUCH better and happier all around!
- ▼ June (36)
- ► 2013 (318)
- ► 2012 (266)