Saturday, September 14, 2013
Urgent request - Seth struggling
Seth had to be suctioned every four hours overnight to keep his passages clear. The last time he was suctioned the nurse saw he was noticeably retracting, i.e. he was working really hard to breathe. The pulmonology doc agreed, so they switched him over to vapotherm, which is high-flow nasal cannula (a larger version). He is on 4 liters flow per minute and 40% oxygen but is still only hovering in the high 80%'s last I heard from Sam a few minutes ago.
I am heading to the hospital as soon as possible.
Gavin is jet-lagged, exhausted (we both are), discouraged, and overwhelmed. This is a lot to be hit with while still adjusting to being back in this time zone and surrounded by the chaos of 10-month-olds. He is also very grieved about Seth's struggles and the fact that he is worsening rather than improving. We are both very concerned and appreciate all your prayers and help. We still need both desperately, also on behalf of Seth and the rest of the family.
Will update when I know more.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (101)
- ► 2015 (111)
- ► 2014 (249)
- . . . and two super cute videos!
- Two more cute pictures
- Pictures galore!
- When Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy
- Video for the ladies :)
- quick prayer request; cute picture(s)
- The days are just PACKED!
- Seth is HOME!
- Seth is much better!
- Not much to report from Seth, Sunday morning
- One-year-old birthday photo shoot
- Saturday later afternoon post
- Gavin's mid-day post
- Urgent request - Seth struggling
- Seth is still pretty crummy
- Seth Thursday afternoon.
- Update from Carrie
- Seth worsening, with collapsing lung
- Update Sunday Sept 8 with pictures of all but Seth...
- Midnight Sunday "morning" update
- Seth "this morning"
- 2 a.m. Urgent prayer request
- Midnight update, Saturday morning
- Late update Thursday night
- Seth really sick again :(
- At the "races" this morning
- A very short one
- Round two
- Another video
- Quick update Sunday night (Monday morning)
- ▼ September (32)
- ► 2012 (266)