But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day gift!

Thought you all would like seeing it, too. It's hanging above out gorgeous new dresser (also made by Gavin).

Thanks for continuing to pray for us. There are moments of magic and unbearable cuteness each day, but also moments of absolute drudgery and thoughts of "I'm going to go crazy now . . . " because of all the noise, chaos, crying, beeping machines, tangled cords, vomiting, blow-out diapers, laundry, bottles, clutter, dirtiness, constant (sometimes dangerous) distractions, and general "neediness" times 5 or 6, depending on Isaac's whereabouts and activities. Sometimes I feel like I am trying to move through quicksand and not really getting anywhere, crawling up a shale-covered slope and just wanting to lie down and go to sleep. (I know no other new mothers feel that way, ha!) I handled all five babies by myself for just 15 minutes today and 4 of the 5 cried pretty much the whole time; Seth was the exception. The house was a DISASTER by the end of the morning with just my dad and me working; clearly we are not able to do this yet without additional help. I'm just so grateful Sam took the afternoon shift with Aunt Edna and I could escape to the quiet of my mom and dad's, albeit with a somewhat noisy Marcie. :) I am so grateful for these precious little lives, but the Lord sure is using them to remind me of my absolute dependence on His strength and His wisdom, not my own pathetic supply of each!

Thanks and love to you all,
Carrie

Bottom left close-ups: Marcie, David
Top right close ups: Isaac, Grace, Will and Seth


Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive