But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Sunday, December 2, 2012

"O Lord, help!"

I've said that in my mind a few times already and knew the answer was and still is "I Am." (I think I mentioned this before.) We need the Great I Am to settle our babies. Maybe they're all struggling with reflux; maybe it's just that they are becoming more aware of their world; maybe they are all coming down with a cold; whatever, things are getting crazy around here! Actually, things have BEEN crazy the past two days. Thank God, the nights have been much more calm and "scheduled." Thank God for night volunteers! :)

Please pray we can finally figure out what formula/bottle/nipple each baby needs. I tried to nurse Will and he threw everything back up again. I've been too scared to try with Marcie because it's so hard to get food down her in the first place! David seems to be following the pattern of Will and Marcie, willing to take an ounce only, crying throughout, then vomiting it all back up again. He did better when we switched him to the same anti-reflux formula. Gracie feeds easily, the only one not on any formula, but is increasingly fussy. Maybe she thinks she needs to make her tiny self heard above the crowd. :} And efforts to tandem feed or group feed have been pretty much failures.

Please pray we can figure out what else the babies need: Calmness? Quiet? I know sleep is always needed, but getting them there is what's been so difficult (and I've read every book, I'm pretty sure), especially given that there are four and they need more caretakers and tend to get one another going. Plus, they're only a month corrected age, preemies, not gaining weight well enough (Will and Grace), etc., so we are not going to make them cry hard for more than a few minutes at this point. Fussing is another thing altogether. :)

Meanwhile, they are SO adorable! Their increasing awareness of people and the world has been so much fun to see.

Oh, another "help!" thing is that my mom is getting cataract surgery on Tuesday (please pray for her, that it goes really well!) and she can't lift anything above 5 lbs for the next week to 10 days, I forget exactly how long. And Gavin's parents are leaving mid-December to spend Christmas with family in CA. I KNOW God will supply all our needs as He's promised, and He already has completely amazed us; I'm just learning to wait on Him for direction and provision. He is so good!

So there you have it. I'm tired and ready for bed, but the babies are due to wake up any minute. But that's true for every mother of a one-month-old! To serve our four, Auntie Deb is here and Gavin is sleeping in preparation for the deep night shift.

I'm SO glad to have these precious little ones (even when I wish they had "off" switches) when I remember the deep pain and pleading of infertility. I am still praying for several friends living with that pain and also asking the Lord, "Please." That was my prayer, that one word, for several years. He knew what I meant.

And I guess that's still my prayer, but with the word "help!" added. And He says, "I Am."

I AM the Fount of living water,
The risen Son of Man,
The Healer of the broken.
And when you cry
I AM your Savior and Redeemer,
Who bore the sin of man,
The Author and Perfector,
Beginning and the end.
Yes I AM!

- performed by Mark Schultz

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive