But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Isaac's prayer request

Isaac has been sick for the last couple days with a low fever, sore throat, etc.  He asked me today to post a prayer request on the blog for him.  I forget his exact words, but he said he knows how God likes to answer prayer and has seen how He has done so many other times for us.  Thankfully he's been getting good rest at night and eating decently well.  Thank you for your prayers for our little bud.  Please also pray that the babies don't get reinfected.  We've been strict with Isaac that he sanitize his hands every time he leaves his room, which isn't very often right now.

The "witching hour" is in full effect in the household.  Each baby has been really rough to get to bed in the evening hours-- exhausted, but refusing to sleep.  Lots of fun.  It's a really good thing they're cute. :)

Carrie is amazing.  I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but watching her with the babies is wonderful.  She is so full of love for them even when they're screaming and un-soothable.  She has incredible patience with them-- so much deeper than I'll ever have after 200 years of parenting.  She reads about the babies: how to help them, what stage they're in, what they can and can't do and why, etc., etc.  She is the mother of mothers, but will disagree when she reads this.  I am SO thankful that I'm going through this whole experience with her.  Not to minimize the enabling of the Holy Spirit through this all, but without her around I'd be in the loony bin, padded room, shackled, straight-jacket . . . you get the picture.  Of course, if she wasn't around, I wouldn't have quintuplets.  I'd better sign off here.


Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive