But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's a good thing you're so stinkin' cute!


Krista, a colleague and friend from PNG who wrote this poem for us, has been a volunteer a couple of times the past few days. She knows that of which she speaks! (See "Thankful to be thankful" post from Friday.)

It’s a Good Thing...

At the end of the day
When you just want to play
And you think that this game is a hoot—              
When you’re clean, dry and fed
But you won’t go to bed,
It’s a good thing you’re so stinking cute.

When I want you to dream
But you’d much rather scream
And the other four kids follow suit,
I must laugh or I’ll cry,
So I say with a sigh,
“It’s a good thing you’re so stinking cute.”

God has blessed me with you
And though life is a zoo,
You are truly my joy and delight.
But the day is complete
And I will not repeat,
“You are cute, and I love you. Goodnight!”

Such an innocent pose
When your eyes finally close
And a calmness begins to take root.
First I watch for a while
Then I say with a smile,
“It’s a good thing you’re so stinking cute!”


Krista with David and Marcie - wearing a mask trying to avoid THEIR germs, not protect them from hers!

Same two babies asleep:
Marcie found playing with her new toy from Tessa and Cora to be exhausting!

Even David eventually wears out from jumping

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive