But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him and his righteousness with their children's children . . . Psalm 103:17

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Late 23 week update

Sorry for the delay on this one. Partly due to the dead computer issue, partly to my forgetfulness of passwords, but here we are at last. :)

As of Monday's appointment (the 9th) the babies' heart rates and amniotic fluid levels all look good, and the biggest praise for this week is that the little girl with the enlarged kidneys (renal pelvis dilatation) was back to normal! Thank you for your prayers, and we thank the Lord that His answer was "yes."

Please keep praying the other little girl will grow and not suffer from intrauterine growth restriction. We'll find out this coming Monday what their respective sizes are. I'll be 24 weeks and a bit at that point.

Speaking of our tiny little girl, I need continuing prayers for my appetite, maybe partly because my anemia has not improved despite direct iron infusions (it looks like Coca-Cola in a bag). I may be receiving them 2-3 times a week instead of just once a week instead. Low appetite is one of the symptoms of more severe anemia. My hair is also falling out in prodigious amounts - it's ridiculous!

While I may look fat enough to you (and to myself), I'm still a good 10 pounds behind the curve, as established in my twins, triplets, and quad pregnancy book, and weight gain prior to 24 weeks has the greatest effect on the babies' ultimate weight and health at birth.

Yummy meals from our church family sure are helping tempt my appetite - last  night's taco pie rocked, as has the pot roast, the sausages and mashed potatoes, the chicken spaghetti casserole, the banana cake, the bread, the cookies, and everything else people have brought! Thank you all!!!!!

The other big prayer request is that my body will hold strongly onto these babies for many more weeks.  I've had about 1.5 cm of effacement (thinning) in just one week, which is of course a concern to me. As soon as I thin to 2.5 cm (now I'm 3.0-3.5 cm) I will be hospitalized - something I'd really love to avoid as long as possible. There's no place like home . . .

The default plan, if the Lord graciously allows me to stay home for the next few weeks, is to be admitted at 28 weeks, unless I happen to still be doing really well - which would be awesome!!

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying bed rest as much as possible - especially since I've started registries at Babies 'R' Us and Wal-Mart. The Internet is a wonderful thing sometimes. :)

Thank you all for your prayers and love! We love and appreciate you,
Carrie for Gavin, too

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Gavin, Carrie, Isaac, Will, David, Marcie, Seth, & Grace Jones

Blog Archive